Jennifer Jacobson, assistant editor, of American Educator, a publication of the American Federation of Teachers shares this article on what the research says and doesn’t say about teaching English Language Learners. It’s a lengthy report with the takeawy for me that it does seem that English Language Development (ELD) is best when taught as a separate subject and not simply integrated throughout the day. In California, we’re required to teach 30 minutes of ELD but few teachers do.
Connect with Me
Subscribe by E-Mail
- Stacy Bertuccelli on What Good Teaching Looks Like: Digital Research
- Cynthia on Low Level Tech/Higher Level Thinking
- Humberto Gomez on Good Teaching Should Be Like Pulling Teeth (Sometimes)
- Kati Kaubisch on What To Do When Children Cry
- Chris on The Right Way to Show Movies in Class