I’m excited to premiere a brand new short film here on my blog. It’s three minutes long and I created it in the hopes that it can be used to generate conversation about the use of educational technology and project based learning in schools.
It is based on a dark joke that has been around educational circles for some time, imagining Rip Van Winkle waking up one hundred years later and visiting a school of today to find not much has changed. I’ve heard the story repeated but wanted a visual representation to show to others.
I created the movie to use in professional development that I conduct and welcome you to do the same to encourage dialogue about the need for the modernization of schools, inclusion of technology, project based learning, and culturally relevant teaching. Education has not changed with the times as it should.
On a personal and technical note, the movie was also an excuse for me to learn Apple’s Motion software and I thank Anthony and Miles who assisted me as part of my Apple One to One membership. I ended up completing 90% of the project in Final Cut with the remaining 10% in Motion and Photoshop. The longest part of the process was searching for and compiling images.